The Whitby Residents Association (Inc) was established about 40 years ago with the development of Whitby itself, and has played an active role in the village, and the facilities, services, and residential development.
Earlier this year, we completed our 2013 village plan, which itemised desirable development in Whitby and Silverwood going forward, including a ‘wish list’ of projects which will enhance the village and the lifestyle we all enjoy.
In 2030 Whitby will be the most desirable place to live in the Wellington region. It will have an upper quartile quality of life for all its residents as evidenced by a wide variety of housing styles, shops and community facilities. There will be an extensive network of interconnecting walkways covering all of Whitby and a higher than normal percentage of reserves. It will be a friendly, safe, caring community which is committed to the preservation of a sustainable lifestyle. It will show a strong affinity in its local character to James Cook and his exploration of Aotearoa.
April Committee Meeting
Please note that the April meeting of the Committee has been moved from this Thursday to the next, due to unavailability of committee members.
The meeting will take place on Thursday, 24 April 2014, at 7:30pm, at the Baptist church.
On the agenda for our April meeting:
• Minutes of the previous meeting
• Whitby Lakes Retirement Village expansion – public hearing finding
• Village planning – current projects 2013/14 – signs and boards update
• Village planning – commissioner’s findings
• Bradey Grave Update – Start of work by contractor
• Silverwood update – more planting on bank in May.
• The Quarterdeck reserve consultation – summary and next step
• WRA membership renewals
• Accessibility problems at Whitby mall (Lisa)
• Street lighting at Silverwood
• Omapere St traffic islands update
• Tim Sheppard’s email re rates increase